If you want to get better at programming, there are two things you have to do:
- Practice Writing Code
- Read Developer Documentation
Reading documentation is not only going to make you a better developer, but also going to save your time and make you more productive.
Documentation is a gift from the developers to the developers.
- Do not rush while reading any documentation, I repeat "Do not rush".
- Do not jump directly into advance details of the documentation. Start from the Quick Start guide or Introduction or Getting Started guide section. Most of the documentation have one of these sections.
- Almost every documentation have some examples to play with. Surely it would bring a confidence in you to go for more.
- If you are still unable to understand from one source, search for another. It is not going to cost you anything, dig through multiple resources, there is no shortage of resources.
- Have patience while reading any documentation, patience is the key. Reading documentation is not a child's play, but it is also not as hard as it seems.
That is it, keep learning.
For more such crispy blogs daily, follow Dev.Junction, subscribe to our newsletter and get notified.